Mi Patio Collection
Mi Patio is a limited edition of colorful necklaces made with leather pieces that combine different natural materials. Its designs are inspired by native plants of Costa Rica, to pay homage to the Costa Rican identity that springs from the earth.
This collection includes 12 unique pieces of contemporary textile jewelry, embroidered by hand, with natural raw materials from Costa Rica. Each necklace is made of “Gold” tree bark mastate (its name is Ngäbe) and threads of the natural pita fiber from the Ngäbe La Casona Indigenous Territory, as well as 24 karat gold-plated bronze pieces, cotton threads and scraps of leather.
These are the iconic plants which gave their name to each of the necklaces from the Mi Patio collection:
- Jesus’s heart plant (Caladium bicolor), also known as Heart of Mary and Painter's Palette. These plants love humidity and take in the sun indirectly. They can be kept all year round and can live both inside and outside the house.
- Tiger's hand plant (Monstera deliciosa) also called Adam's Rib, Philodendron or the Skeleton Plant. It lives in tropical forests, where it uses its long, thick roots to climb up tree trunks into the light. These plants love humidity and shade, which is why we see them inside and outside the house in Costa Rica. Their roots are used to treat flu and rheumatism.
- Mother-in-law's Tongue (Sansevieria trifasciata), also known as Cow's Tongue, Tiger's Tongue, Lizard's Tail or Serpent Plant. This plant is an air purifier and very resistant to unfavorable environmental conditions.
This collection was made possible with the talented hands of María, Dominga and Carmen, artisans from the Ngäbe La Casona Indigenous Territory, and Ileana Picado, an embroiderer from the Naranjo area.
Each boho necklace includes a set of circle-shaped earrings, in a clean and minimalist design. Made in 24 karat gold-plated bronze.
How to care for your necklaces:
- Store your necklace in its cloth bag in a dry place.
- Gold-plated parts can be cleaned with a soft cloth.
- Always remember to apply perfume before putting on your handmade jewelry.
This is a limited edition of necklaces that I launched in December 2018 in Costa Rica, while seeking to transform the use of highly organic materials in a creative and innovative way, to help my customers dress with great pride.
The edition comprises 12 unique pieces - if you’d like more information on their availability you can write to email@example.com!